Take part of


It’s common that when the people ask me what I’m studying, the answer is a little complicated, because what kind of job do a sociologist? When a teenager wants to be a doctor, we can imagine this person in his job, in a hospital with patients, when we see a friend that is studying pedagogy, we know what kind of job and what kind of people (child, teenagers, adults) could formed his work space. In my opinion, for the sociologist -and for all kinds of social scientists- it’s more complicated, because we can guide our job in to the direction that matter and like to us, we can research about political, biology, history, economy, administration, gender, social classes, technology and every kind of theme that interesting to the investigator or to the population.

I’m coursing the second year of the career and in the third year we can take a major, I’m very excited and confused, because I’m not sure what kind of major I will take, in one hand, I’m interesting to learn about gender and feminist theory to be able to explain and give the tools for solve the problems about gender violence, femicides and every kind of problem associated. But in the other hand, I like to learn about public politicies, theory of the social classes and economy for be a professional capacitated to intervene in a rural community unconnected of the resource of the state, problems about migration, economic difference between social classes and problems related to the infancy.

You can see, it’s difficult decide a direction for the career but I’m sure that I don’t imagine me in a future in an office. Our society and our country are in a critical condition: the high discrimination, femicides, child and teenagers of the sename, the fight of our Mapuche’s people, the centralization, the difference on the salary related to gender, kind of professional, nationality of the employee and others, are the picture of our condition. Like sociologist, we have the knowledge to help and to give the tools to the people, no for do an inform in an office.

We should feel, smell and take part of.

Comments

  1. Oh, I think that it’s difficult to decide for a career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tools that give the sociology it´s very good´s for help to the community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts